By Karyn DeFranco
Along with Bowman Orchards, the local area is loaded with tons of other fun and popular apple orchards and farms to visit! Some of these include:
- Yonder Farms, Albany, 7.9 miles from campus
- Altamont Orchards, Altamont, 10 miles from campus
- Indian Ladder Farms, Altamont, 14.7 miles from campus
- Malta Ridge Orchards and Garden, Ballston Spa, 18.4 miles from campus
- Lindsey’s Idyllwood Orchard, Clifton Park, 7.4 miles from campus
- Riverview Orchards, Clifton Park, 6.8 miles from campus
Put your taste buds to the test with the Daily Gazette’s apple cider doughnut taste contest!
On Oct. 1, the Daily Gazette will be paying homage to this delicious pastry with a Cider Doughnut Taste Test. A panel of judges, four Gazette employees and one guest judge, will judge doughnuts from as many local orchards that stop by the newspaper’s headquarters Tuesday morning. The deadline is 5 p.m. that day, so the newspaper is asking for all orchard-loving fans to nominate their favorite local orchard to participate. This is a great way to bring business to our local community so if you’re a doughnut lover, do it!
To participate in nominations, feel free to contact reporter Bethany Bump at (518) 395-3107 or at email@example.com.