“White Trash” Chex Mix is a great party snack and a real crowd pleaser. The recipe is a take on the traditional party Chex mix with peanuts, Chex cereal, pretzels and more, but for a sweet twist the entire mixture is smothered in melted white chocolate chips.
The white chocolate coating makes every bite sweet, while the peanuts and pretzels provide a salty crunch. White Trash can be catered to both young and more mature taste buds by swapping out some of the ingredients. The recipe can also be a melting pot for all the ingredients you already have at home and are looking to use.
Whatever you choose to add to White Trash, the mix will still be super addicting and require you to plan your day’s calories accordingly. Once you start eating this Chex mix, you won’t be able to stop.
- 3 ½ cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 16 ounces M&Ms Chocolate candy any variety (or 2 cups dried cranberries)
- 2 ½ cup salted mixed nuts (or 2 ½ cups salted cashews)
- 2 cups small pretzels
- 2 (11 ounce) packages white chocolate chips
- Into a large bowl or pan, mix together the cereals, pretzels, M&Ms and nuts.
- Next, slowly melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave or over a double boiler. This will take some time so be patient and stir the chocolate so as to prevent it from burning.
- Once the white chocolate is melted and there are few to no lumps, dump the chocolate over the mixture and stir/ fold over carefully until all ingredients are well-coated and some chunks form.
- Spread the mixture over parchment paper and refrigerate or move to a cool place for it to set up.
- Break-up into pieces and immediately enjoy or store in Ziploc bags or airtight containers in the refrigerator or freezer to enjoy later.
Recipe courtesy of Samantha St. Marie ’18.