This recipe for at home peanut butter cups is easy and can be made with just two simple ingredients. Chocolate and peanut butter is a frequent combination in desserts for the marriage of sweetness and bitterness from the chocolate and saltiness from the peanut butter. The perfect combination is most popular in the form of Reese’s peanut butter cups, but now before you go out and buy Reese’s now is your chance to try a hand at making your own! This recipe is easily customizable and leaves room for some creative toppings and types of chocolates.
- 3 bars bakers’ dark chocolate (at least 54 percent cocoa)
- ¼ – ½ cups creamy peanut butter
- Desired toppings
- Line a mini cupcake tin.
- Break the dark chocolate bars into chunks and melt completely over a double boiler on medium-low heat.
- Stir occasionally to prevent the chocolate from burning. Spoon melted chocolate into liners about one-third of the way. Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and spoon in a dollop of peanut butter onto the center of each chocolate bottom.
- Freeze for 20 minutes. During that time, rewarm chocolate on low heat.
- Remove the cups from the freezer and spoon over the melted chocolate to cover the peanut butter.
- Add toppings if desired such as salted peanuts, sea salt, sprinkles, etc.
- Freeze to set completely.
Recipe courtesy of Samantha St. Marie ’18.