- Library Director Frances Maloy and Librarian Robyn Reed, of Schaffer Library, joined a forum meeting to discuss the possibility of expanding library hours. The biggest concern for extending hours was safety and late-night staffing. Ideas that were discussed focused on early weekday hours and extending hours on Sunday nights. We also talked about expanding seating in the library. More information to come.
- It is Black History Month! In order to kick off this month’s events, the Office of Multicultural Affairs will be holding a reception in Breazzano House this coming Saturday, Feb. 6, from 3-4 p.m.
- Thank you to all of our clubs who put in the time and effort needed to update their constitutions!
- CDTA Update: VP of Sustainability Anna Doran ’17 has been in negotiations with CDTA in order to form a contract with Union. This contract would allow Union students access to the Capital Region’s public transportation system for free, with just a swipe of their Union IDs. Forum is inviting a CDTA representative to present at a meeting and answer more questions. Stay tuned!
- The Panhellenic Sorority Council screened “The Hunting Ground” on Wednesday, Feb. 3, from 6-9 p.m. in Memorial Chapel. This event was mandatory for all newly initiated Greek members. In other news, the council is looking into the possibility of bringing a fourth Panhellenic Sorority to campus.
- The Student Forum page on Facebook has officially been revamped! Like us on Facebook at Union College Student Forum!
Questions? Email VP of Campus Life Dominique Reed ’17 at email@example.com, or message our Facebook page!