- Congratulations to the newly elected Class of 2016 and 2019 officers!
Class of 2016 VP: MaryNell Cella Class of 2016
Secretary/Treasurer: Nealay Vasavda
Class of 2019 President: Michael Stalteri
Class of 2019 VP: Anat “Fez” Tewari
Class of 2019 Secretary/Treasurer: Sarah Taha
Elections for Class of 2016 and Class of 2019 officers took place last Friday and were a massive success! Student Forum members tabled in West Dining Hall from noon to 3 p.m.
- The first-year voter turnout hit 44.3 percent, breaking the known record at Union. Student governments that get over 30 percent voter turnouts are considered extremely well represented by the student body.
- Zipcar update: At last week’s meeting it was decided that Forum members should gauge interest in Zipcar by asking students firsthand. We will discuss our findings at this week’s meeting and possibly move to vote.
- A club proposal for No Offense Improv Troupe was approved. They have now entered the mandatory 10-week probationary period. Club leaders hope to enhance public speaking, hone in on interview skills and put on live performances. The club president is Bradley Leavitt ’16. Look out for upcoming events!
- A budget proposal for Club Hockey passed. The team can now compete in the Les Moines Tournament in late October.
- Once again, we encourage students to stay informed of our progress and become more engaged in student governance and campus life. Student Forum meetings are held Wednesdays at 6 p.m. in Reamer 410 — meetings are open for the student body to observe. Be sure to like Student Forum on Facebook at Union College Student Forum! Questions? Email Dominique Reed, VP of Campus Life, at [email protected], or message our Facebook page!