Once every 364 days, everyone will succumb to an epidemic of identity crisis, known as Halloween.
As Halloween sneaks up on everyone’s calendar, the days of sprinting door to door to snatch pounds of candy have disappeared.
Halloween is more than just a one-day festivity; it is a multiple-day adventure and taking advantage of every second of those days is crucial to enjoying the whole experience.
So how do you celebrate Halloween now?
Well, there are many ways and some may even include snatching some treats for you.
- Go to a corn maze. A corn maze is a great, old-fashioned way to bring some variety into your Halloween escapades.
Feeling your adrenaline rush as you sprint through the corn maze, lost and wondering how to find the end while laughing with friends is an experience only the fall season can give you.
- Go to a haunted house. There are many different types of haunted houses, which are on different scary levels.
Don’t get too confident and choose one that is too scary though, you don’t want to have nightmares from something that is meant to be fun!
Haunted houses are a great way to get in the Halloween spirit, and sometimes, your favorite monsters are in them!
- Jump on a hayride. Bring back childhood memories, ideally with a horsedrawn cart!
Possibly even partake in a haunted hayride and drive past some frightful ghouls and scenes.
- Pick some apples and pumpkins. There are many nearby orchards that have patches and orchards. Some even have sweet treats!
- Visit a real haunted place. All cities have their rumored haunted and terrifying places; even our own college has one.
If you are daring enough, go visit a place and find out for yourself if the ghosts are actually real.
- Bake treats and sweets. Halloween is the perfect excuse to spend some time in the kitchen making Halloween themed treats. Things like ghost cookies, orange cupcakes and pumpkin pies.
And if all the baking fails, just head to the local store and pick up a big bag of Halloween candy! Don’t forget to get the special Halloween editions of Reese’s, M&M’s and KitKats!